Thursday, February 26, 2009

Groundrules

I have thought and thought about a good beginning for this blog, and I have decided that before anything else I should make a commitment to those who read this. As one who preaches that Americans should be more concerned with their responsibilities and less concerned with their rights, I will begin with my own responsibilities, as I see them to be:

* I will always tell the truth. When (not if) I make a mistake, I will correct it as soon as possible. I understand that reputations are built over a lifetime, but destroyed in an instant, and so I endeavour to post nothing without thoroughly resarching the point first.

* I will point out problems and suggest solutions. I hesitate because another blog is hardly what the world needs, but truth and perspective are sorely lacking in this modern age. I profess to have no corner on truth, but I will ask questions to make you think, and also share with you my thoughts.

* I will do my best to be factual about issues discussed and not simply editorialize.

* I will not ridicule or insult our social and political leaders on a personal level. My criticism is reserved for stated objectives and policies only; I will assume good will on the part of our legislators and governing bodies.

Anyone wishing to post comments is welcome, whether you agree or disagree. This should be a place to discuss ideas, and some of those ideas are going to offend some people. We must not go out of our way to offend as many people as possible, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment