Thursday, May 28, 2009

Torture vs. Abortion

The absurdity of moral relativism applied to policy is reaching new highs:

http://www.c-fam.org/publications/id.1200/pub_detail.asp

Apparently, those who are against torture should also be pro-abortion, in order to save lives!

Huh?

I don't even know where to begin with this, other than to laugh. Once you have reached the point where dialogue of this type seems logical, then I don't think you and I can have a rational conversation. But Nicaragua is being criticized by the UN Convention Against Torture committee for its strong, pro-life stance. You read that right, or maybe you read that wrong? Because this is very, very wrong.

But how different is our country? Abortion here is legal, and I daresay encouraged around the nation. And yet we decry waterboarding as inhumane torture, and we are doing that to terrorists. If I don't laugh , I'll cry. Waterboarding lasts for seconds, with no permanent damage to anyone; abortion is permanent in its effects, death for one party and a lifetime of regret for another.

No comments:

Post a Comment