Monday, April 20, 2009

Passing the Baton - Dr. Jeff Myers

Dr. Jeff Myers' ministry is dedicated to working with families, churches and schools to train up the next generation as Godly leaders. I had the privilege of hearing him speak at the Arizona Homeschool Conference several years ago, and I have stayed on his email list ever since. I don't have first hand experience with the materials, but I have listened to many of his audio CDs and his ideas are Biblical.

Christianity has always been a generational movement; we as parents and leaders in the community have a Biblical obligation to teach the next generation what God teaches and why we believe it. This is one great tool among many. I don't think that Dr. Myers' program contains a magical formula, but it is a great resource for equipping the next generation. Check it out here:

http://www.passingthebaton.org/

Even if you won't be using the program, I recommend being on Dr. Myers' email list. You can sign up here:

http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001EYE_9pNc5E309b737_XpPw%3D%3D

We need to do anything we can to equip the next generation - I hope these tools help, and if you have any other suggestions, please post them in the comments or email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment