Monday, July 27, 2009

Health Care Bill Criticized... by CNN?

I almost fell out of my chair this morning; the unthinkable happened. A liberal media outlet let loose on President Obama's health care proposal with both barrels, asking some very good questions and pointing out just what we all stand to lose if this bill passes.

Take a look at the article:

http://money.cnn.com/2009/07/24/news/economy/health_care_reform_obama.fortune/index.htm?postversion=2009072410

This type of thinking showing up here, combined with President Obama's falling poll numbers (he is less popular at this point of his Presidency than George W. Bush was; that has to sting) leads me to believe there is hope to stop this. Again, I urge you to make sure your representatives are representing you - find the link on the left and call their offices to see where they stand and give them your opinion. They do work for you, after all.

2 comments:

  1. While media outlets are concerned about politics, they are even more obsessed with ratings. The higher Obama's approval rating, the more likely they will side with the President on his ideas. As the approval rating slides, watch the media wolf pack turn on him. That's why they were so hard on Bush at the end - his numbers were down. It's all about ratings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In general, I would agree. The only thing that changes the "ratings dynamic," in my opinion, is the fact that President Obama is furthering the schemes of the Adversary in so many ways. I am curious to see how this plays out. I am not a big believer in earthly conspiracy theories, but in the ancient battle between good and evil I see this President as a (perhaps unwitting) willing servant of darkness.

    ReplyDelete